30 May 2016 (TSR) – The U.S. is not the only country teetering on the brink of currency and financial turmoil.
On May 18, it was leaked that the G20 called for a secret “emergency” meeting to be held within the next two months to possibly discuss what to do about a coming global financial collapse.
According to former Wall Street currency trader John Rubino, the G20 central planners are terrified because this crisis is unlike anything we have seen in human history.
With the Baltic Dry Index, Shanghai Containerized Freight Index, not to mention commodities, all spiraling out of control to the downside, there have been several off-calendar meetings this year alone.
Last month, the Federal Reserve called two secret meetings with their regional Presidents along with a separate third secret meeting held at the White House between Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen and the President Barack Obama.
The last time such an emergency meeting took place was in late November of last year just before the Fed raised rates for the first time, resulting in a loss of thousands of points on the Dow.
No one completely knows what was discussed during these meetings, but ever since then, Fed officials have been going overboard in the media to try to prop up the dollar with promises of rate hike in June.
What is clear is that the surprise meeting between Yellen and Obama, not to mention the G20 meeting, the IMF meeting, the World Bank meeting, and the Doha meeting, all took place in the same week.
Central banks from around the world are dumping off billions of American Treasuries at a record pace. Moreover, the world’s central banks are also loading up on gold after four years of being net sellers and working diligently to drive down the price.
If one simply looks at the following line-items it is clear for anyone to see something is about to hit the fan and it’s not anything anyone wants hitting the fan.
– 45 million people in the U.S. on food stamps
– some estimates as high as 10 million refugees flooding into the European Union
– non stop wars of aggression involving NATO, Russia, Syria and several other countries
– financial crisis that began in 2008 has not been addressed and the problems that started that year have grown larger and far deeper
– banking system in the European Union, especially Italy, is under enormous stress due to faulting/fraudulent accounting
– Federal Reserve balance sheet at $4 TRILLION – U.S. debt at $20 TRILLION and counting
– United Kingdom/Britain and the Brexit movement that is taking root
– U.S. Presidential candidates, Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders garnering global attention as the citizens of the U.S. seek alternatives to the current embedded criminal politicians.
– Japan instituting a Negative Interest Rate Policy (NIRP) for their sovereign bonds – Japan has basically been in a recession for over 20 years
– China is manufacturer to the world and with economies slowing down or shutting down there is no reason to manufacture products
– Venezuela has entered into currency collapse – no one will admit it or call it what it is, but the country has no currency and the people are, literally, starving to death
Wall Street is falling off the cliff, Rubino wrote. He said that mega-bank profits are collapsing.
Virtually every major bank in every major country reported Q1 earnings ranging from disappointing to catastrophic. To take just one representative example, Deutsche Bank’s profit fell by 58%, and it is now shedding 35,000 workers in 10 countries while eliminating half its investment banking customers.
It’s like that everywhere. Even Goldman Sachs, whose former (and future) execs hold decision-making roles in virtually every Treasury and central bank, is hurting.
John Rubino explains more in this interview: