CAIRO, Dec. 4, 2014 (TSR) – The judge that acquitted Egypt’s former president Hosni Mubarak last week stated in his 280-page decision that the Arabspring revolution that toppled the former leader was a global Zionist-US-Muslim Brotherhood conspiracy Mada Masr website reported.
To back up his claims, Rashidi cited testimonies of “the nation’s wise men,” which included former intelligence head and now deceased Omar Suleiman, former defense chief Hussein Tantawi and former prime minister Ahmed Nazif.
The judge noted that the Muslim Brotherhood movement was a key conspirator by aiding Hamas and Hezbollah to infiltrate the country in order to carry out a plan to topple Mubarak’s regime on January 28, 2011, the report also said.
Egypt’s public prosecutor on Tuesday ordered an appeal of the court decision to drop charges against former ruler Mubarak, his interior minister and six aides over the killing of protesters in the uprising.
Mubarak, now 86, was sentenced to life in prison in 2012 for conspiring to murder 239 demonstrators during the 18-day revolt that ended his 30-year rule, but an appeals court ordered a retrial.
On Saturday, the court dropped its case against Mubarak, igniting protests in Cairo in which two people were killed.
The judge also said the use of live ammunition near government institutions was justified.
“It became evidently certain for the court that the group that targeted those security spots occupied by officers and employees went there with a conceived plan by an organized group that hides behind religion to tamper with the security and stability of the country,” Mada Masr reported Rashidi as saying.
Another key finding, according to the decision, was that few police officers used violence against protesters and that those who did were acting without orders to do so.
Rashidi concluded his report by declaring: “The ruling for or against [Mubarak] after the end of his life is for history and for the Ultimate Judge.”
JPost and Reuters also contributed to this article.