July 16, 2013 (TSR) – Hezbollah Deputy Secretary General Sheikh Naim Qassem said on Saturday that Bir Al-Abed explosion was part of a scheme targeting the resistance and its people and the most beneficiary of the blast is the system that serves the Israeli project, Al-Manar reports.
Former Lebanese prime minister Saad Hariri concurred and has blamed Israel last week for the “terrorist explosion” that rocked Beirut’s southern suburbs and accused the regime of trying to destabilize the nation by provoking Sunni-Shiite strife in Lebanon.
In an interview with Al-Nour radio on the seventh anniversary of the July 2006 war, Sheikh Qassem said that anyone who saw the size of the explosion “understands that what happened is a real attack which comes as part of a series the enemy wants to carry out.”
“We are awaiting for the results of the investigation to find out who planted the explosives and who’s the direct side,” Sheikh Qassem said, adding that the fingers are pointing towards advocates of sedition and Israeli project and every incitement movement working day and night in order to target the resistance.”
Sheikh Qassem urged authorities to do all the measures in order to prevent acts of sabotage by the maximum ways possible.
“Israel is not confident it will achieve a breakthrough in any war against Lebanon,” Sheikh Qassem said, pointing out that “Israel has learned that Hezbollah was not affected by what happened in Syria, so it did not wage a war on Lebanon.
But the Deputy S.G. stressed that Hezbollah was ready to face any Israeli foolishness.
Sheikh Qassem also stressed the need to prevent any instability, while questioning the Arab silence over the incident.
“Let the peoples comment on the Arab silence, and particularly by the Gulf states, over the explosion,” he said.
His eminence criticized the Saudi ambassador to Lebanon, who earlier this month blamed Hezbollah for Lebanon’s deteriorating situation and advised the resistance group to revise its policy toward Sunnis and other religious sects, saying the envoy had no right to instruct the resistance group on how to act with the components of Lebanese society.
“Hezbollah’s ties with Saudi Arabia are below the level that is required and Saudi Arabia is to blame for this. The Saudi ambassador to Lebanon went beyond diplomatic ethics when he accused Hezbollah,” Sheikh Qassem said.
Addressing ties between Hezbollah and the Change and Reform bloc in light of claims of a rift between them, He said: “I would like to assure all sides that our relationship with the MP is still strong.”
“It is natural for us to have differences over internal issues, but they will not affect the 2006 Memorandum of Understanding we have with the Free Patriotic Movement,” he declared.