July 13, 2013 (TSR) – US sources have confirmed that Israeli regime has been behind the deadly strike on Syrian army in Latakia which killed tens of Syrian soldiers.
Three anonymous US officials told the ‘CNN’ that Israeli regime’s Air Force launched the July 5 strike that killed at least 20 Syrian soldiers, in order to hit the Russian-made missiles.
Israel has already carried out at least three airstrikes on Syrian soil so far this year.
The regime has also been making provocative moves along the Syrian borders, in the occupied Golan Heights.
There were conflicting reports as to who may have been responsible for a series of large blasts that occurred in the early morning hours at a Syrian naval base in Latakia last Friday.
Initially, there were reports that Syria militants were responsible for the attack that resulted in the explosions, but later a spokesman for the militant groups said that Israeli fighter jets were behind the attack.
Qassem Saadeddine, spokesman for the so-called Free Syrian Army’s Supreme Military Council, told Reuters last week, “it was not the FSA that targeted this; It is not an attack that was carried out by the rebels.
“This attack was either by air raid or long-range missiles fired from boats in the Mediterranean,” Saadeddine said.
Militants described huge blasts – the ferocity of which, they said, was beyond the firepower available to them but consistent with that of a modern military like Israel’s.
Israeli officials declined to comment on the reports that they have been responsible for airstrikes inside Syria.